10.14.2011

Boo Dat!

So, Rob and I have both been busy working and not taking pictures and neglecting this.  We are trying hard to remedy this and make time for it!

I am very excited to experience my first Halloween here;  Halloween is my favorite holiday.  Today Rob and I finished getting various components for our costumes and then drove around on St. Charles looking at the mansions that are decorated for Halloween.  These were some of my favorites:


This house had a bunch of large skeletons posed all around the yard with funny captions.  This one hung over into the street - the face on the tree is cute

Most of the skeletons - the far right one was Bone Dry


The flash obscured the sign, but this is Rob in front of the Lazy Bones Skeleton


This mansion had really neat giant spiders all over it.  You can see the largest ones in the top left corner.  They had eyes that would flash glowing red!
We walked up and down the street car tracks for a while in the nice weather.  We want to go to The Mortuary sometime before Halloween as well, if time away from work permits it.

We haven't had too much time to be going out to eat, but we have been to this amazing new place twice: Once for dinner, and once for breakfast with my parents: http://www.theirishhouseneworleans.com/.  We got an appetizer and dessert with our dinner the first time (thank you Groupon) and ate every single bite of it.  It was so delicious, we can't wait to go back.  Sidenote: Mark Paul Gosselaar (Zack from Saved by the Bell) was eating there when we went to dinner there, random.

The weather has been cooler and less humid and very enjoyable.  We go to Audubon Park a lot and take walks at night and enjoy it!  Can't wait for the rest of October and fun Halloween activities.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I just read the menu for The Irish House...I think I've just figured out where I'm eating my every meal while we're there!!! MMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Kim btw...I couldn't figure out how to post a comment without it being anonymous. See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete